Procedures and policies for maintaining and utilizing physical, academic and support facilities – laboratory, library, sports complex, computers, classrooms etc.
The college has maintenance committee that oversees the maintenance of buildings, classrooms and laboratories.
- The maintenance committee is headed by the Registrar who in turn monitors the work of the Supervisor at the next level. The Supervisor is accountable to the Registrar and functions as the coordinator who efficiently organizes the workforce, maintaining duty files containing details about their individual floor – wise responsibilities, timings, leave etc. The maintenance officer conducts periodic checks to ensure the efficiency / working condition of the infrastructure.
- Adequate in – house staff is employed to meticulously maintain hygiene, cleanliness and infrastructure on the campus so as to provide a congenial learning environment. Classrooms, Staffrooms, Seminar halls and Laboratories, etc are cleaned and maintained regularly by Non – teaching staff assigned for each floor. Wash rooms and rest rooms are well maintained. Dustbins are placed in every floor. The Green Cover of the campus is well maintained by a full time gardener.
- Optimum working condition of all properties/ equipment on the campus is ensured through annual maintenance contracts (AMC). The AMC purview includes maintenance of Generator, Air Conditioners, CCTV cameras and Water Purifiers. Apart from contract workers, the college has trained in – house electricians and plumbers.
- Lab assistants under the supervision of the System administrator maintain the efficiency of the college computers and accessories.
- Parking facility is well organized. It is efficiently maintained by annually renewed contract employees
- The physical facilities including Laboratories, Classrooms and Computers etc. are made available for the students those who are admitted in the college.
- The college has adequate number of the computers with internet connections and the utility software’s distributed in different locales like office, laboratories, library, departments etc. All the stakeholders have equal opportunity to use those facilities as per the rules and the policies of the institution
- The college garden is maintained by the gardener appointed by the institute
- The campus maintenance is monitored through surveillance Cameras.
- Every department maintains a stock register for the available equipment.
- Proper inspection is done and verification of stock takes place at the end of every year.
- The civil and electrical work is adequately monitored and maintained by the Estate office.
- Periodic reporting on requirements of repairs and maintenance are submitted by the HODs to the Administrative office. The requirements are collectively processed in every semester break so as to keep things ready for the new semester.
- Pest control of library books and records is done every year by the maintenance department.
- Estate office manager and his team are involved in the maintenance of infrastructure facilities. This team looks after the regular maintenance of civil works such as furniture repairs, masonry and plaster works, painting, carpentry, plumbing and house- keeping.
- The non-teaching staff is also trained in maintenance of science and computer equipment.
- The Estate office workers look after the maintenance of rest rooms, approach roads and neatness of the entire premises. Housekeeping services are regularly executed and monitored.