The Union Cabinet had approved India’s largest Skill Certification Scheme, Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY), on 20 March, 2015. The Scheme was subsequently launched on 15 July, 2015, on the occasion of World Youth Skills Day by Honorable Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi. Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE). The objective of this Skill Certification Scheme is to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood. Individuals with prior learning experience or skills will also be assessed and certified under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Objectives of PMKVY-TI
The main objective of the Scheme is to impart Engineering Skills for 10 Lakh youth in the next three years. It is aimed to:
- Provide employable and certifiable skills based on National Occupational Standards (NOS) with necessary soft skills to the school dropouts who want to pursue/attain higher order skills and living in the vicinity of College.
- Provide for up-gradation and certification of traditional/acquired skills of the learners irrespective of their age.
- Provide opportunities for community-based life-long learning by offering courses of general interest to the community for personal development and interest.
- Offer bridge courses to certificate holder of general/ vocational education, so as to bring them at par with appropriate NSQF level.
- Provide entrepreneurial orientation along with required skills, trained for self-employment and entrepreneurship development.
List of Courses conducted in GIT Jaipur
|S.No.||Name of Trainer||Sector||Specialization||NSQF |
|1||Mr. Ashwini Saini||Electronics||IT Coordinator in school||4||Diploma polytechnic
|2||Mr. Pushpendra Singh Panwar||Electronics||LED Light Repair Technician||4||10+2 Pass|
|3||Mr. Amit Pandey||Construction||Assistant Electrician||3||Preferably 10th Class|
|4||Mr. Jaspal Singh||Automotive||Lathe Operator||4||Class VIII|
Global Institute of Technology is implementing the PMKVY scheme through AICTE from last three academic session (2016-17,2017-18 and 2018-19).Currently we are running four courses IT coordinator in school, LED light repair technician , Lathe operator and Assistant Electrician. Under this Scheme in next three years, about 10.5 Lakh youth will be given Engineering Skills to impart unemployed youth, the skills and find placement in suitable private sectors.