Global Technical Campus, organized three days event “JIGYASA-‘15 (National Level Techno-Management Fest)” and MUN (Model United Nation) from 12-03-2015 to 14-03-2015. Students over 100 institutions across the country participated in different technical events. Prof. (Dr.) Sandeep Sancheti, President of Manipal University, Jaipur inaugurated the Tech-Fest with the message to students about importance of Tech-fest in research and development to help the progress of humankinds. Dr Renu Joshi (Director,GIT) and Dr. Prakash Ramani (Principal, GCT) emphasized on the role of technical events in personality development of students. The agenda of GTC-MUN was “Oil Crisis with Special Emphasis on Solutions” and “Human Right Violation in Gaza”. The Techno-fest includes the events viz. Innovation, Robo-Floor, LAN-Gammes, Mindware, Soft-Arena, Literary-Arena and Mozila Maker Party etc.
The Inagural ceremony was ended over with the vote of thanks by the Convener Mr. Raghavendra Patidar.
The following were the highlights of the techno-fest:
1. Robofloor: In this event participant has to design a manual or wireless Robot which can fight or which is new as per era. In this event there are the different programmes like: Dirt Race, Line follower, Water Rocket, Robo-soccer, and Robowar etc.
2. Lan games: This arena comprised of games like Counter Strike, NFS, Tekken, FIFA and Road Rash for girls.
3. Soft Arena: This arena comprised of events which involved coding, database management and CAD techniques.
4. Literary Arena: Events involving Indian history, literature, English grammar and phonetics were involved in this arena.
5. Mindware Arena: This arena tested the bluffing skills of students through events like Bluff Master, Dalal street and Junkyard.
6. Innovations (Young Scientist Contest): The Fourth edition of the young scientist contest was a great success where students from different colleges took part to exhibit their engineering projects . This event was judged by honorary chief guest Mr. Raj Bhuthara.
The event was inaugurated at 9.00 a.m. on Thursday, 12-03-2015 by Hon’ble chief guest Mr.Sandeep Sancheti,President,’Manipal University, Jaipur. He was presided by Dr.Renu joshi, (Director, GIT). After the inaugural chief guest Mr.Sancheti enlightened the students with a speech on “Roll of engineering students towards research and mankind”. Dr.Renu Joshi,(Director,GIT) appreciate their views. She also appreciated the student’s efforts and their innovative ideas and organizational skills. At last Mr. Raghavendra Patidar had given vote of thanks to Hon’ble chief guest and presents a memento to him.
The tech-fest kick started with the simultaneous competitions of robotics, paper presentations, LAN gaming followed by Dalal Street. The day ended with the spelling competition “Spell-bee” and the intra-college event “GTC-MUN” at 5:00 pm in the evening. Todays Sessions ends with lot many activities at 5:00 PM.