This Department deals with both software and hardware aspects of computer which provides ways to speed up and optimize the work not only of the industry but also of common people. It deals with the development, utilization, inter- relations and confluence of computers, networking, telecommunications and technology and technology management in the context of global interests. Presently it has vast potential of job opportunities within and outside the country.
The vision of the department of Computer Science & Engineering is to be recognized as trendsetter of its undergraduate program through focus on core competencies multidisciplinary collaborations and quality in education.
The mission of the Department of Computer Science & Engineering is to produce highly qualified, well formed and motivated graduates possessing fundamental knowledge of engineering practices and research of computer science &engineering who can provide leadership and service to our nation.
Program Educational Objective (PEO):
The department to fulfill its Mission has following specific educational objectives:
Program Educational Objectives.
PEO#1: Core Competence and Successful Career The Graduate of computer Science & engineering shall be able to pursue successfully careers as Technical Leaders and Managers, Software engineers, product Developers, Consultants, Entrepreneurs and to prepare them for Higher Studies and research
PEO#2: Life Long Learning: The Graduate of computer Science & engineering shall be able to learn, innovate, and evolve new technology lifelong.
PEO#3: Professionalism: Graduates of computer Science & engineering of the program shall have professional and ethical attitude, communication skills, multidisciplinary approach and competence to relate engineering issues to broader social perspective
Program Outcomes (PO):
All Computer Science and Engineering graduates shall demonstrate:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to Computer Science and Engineering problems.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, and to analyze and interpret gathered data.
- An ability to develop and/or design a system or system components to meet desired specifications, performance, and capabilities.
- An ability to function on and/or develop leadership in multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulates, and solves Computer Science and Engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability for effective communication and an ability to function individually as well as part of a team.
- An ability to understand and correctly interpret the impact of engineering solutions in a social/global context.
- An ability to engage in life-long learning to follow developments in Computer Science and Engineering.
- A knowledge and understanding of contemporary issues and recognition of the need for quality.
- An ability to skillfully use modern engineering tools and techniques necessary for engineering design, analysis and applications.
- An ability to pinpoint and define engineering problems in the fields of Computer Science and Engineering and able to resolve them through analytical thinking in their own or related fields.
- Graduates will exhibit research and problem-solving skills to support lifelong personal and professional development and able to face competitive exams like GATE, IES, ISRO, BSNL (JTO), DRDO, DMRC etc.
Plenty of jobs for fresh computer science graduates in MNC IT companies, non-IT companies like universities, research, private and public industries, government departments, business organizations, commercial organizations and the manufacturing sector, IT companies in departments such as design, development, assembly, manufacture and maintenance, as programmer, web developer, and E- commerce specialist with telecommunications companies, automotive companies, aerospace companies, national and multi-national computer manufacturing companies, computer hardware system design and development companies, computer networking companies, software development companies, etc.
Electronic devices and circuits, Data structures and Algorithms, Object oriented programming, Digital Electronics, Fundamentals of Linux and Shell Programming etc.*
Please visit www.rtu.ac.in for the list of all core and elective subjects.