Welcome to the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Global Institute of Technology Jaipur, where experienced faculty and highly motivated students – supported by a dedicated staff – experience a unique engineering education.
Mechanical engineering is a creative discipline that grows upon a number of basic and optimizes the devices, machines, processes and systems that involve mechanical forces, work and energy. It is one of the most diverse fields of engineering influencing almost all aspects of our life.
Mechanical engineering is amongst one of the early branches of engineering started in the institute. It came into existence in 2004.
The Department is enriched by Twenty Nine faculty members, Twenty Five M. Tech holders. The Department is supported by thirteen qualified technical personnel for smooth functioning of different laboratories. The Department has an excellent placement record and many of our alumni are holding positions at different renowned companies.
The vision of the department of Mechanical Engineering is to be recognized as a trendsetter of its undergraduate programme through focus on core competencies, multidisciplinary collaborations, and quality in education.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Global Institute Of Technology endeavors to provide world class technical education in the field of Mechanical Engineering so that they can lead multi disciplinary technical teams contribute novelty towards the development of cutting edge technology; take up active research to meet ever increasing societal needs; and thus play a significant role in improving the quality of life of human beings.
Program Education Objective (PEOs)
PEO#1: Core Competence and Successful Career:
The Graduate shall be able to pursue successfully careers as Technical Leaders and Managers, Design Engineers, Consultants, Entrepreneurs or pursue Higher Studies in Mechanical Engineering or other related fields.
PEO #2: Life Long Learning:
The Graduate shall be able to learn, innovate, and evolve new technology lifelong.
PEO #3: Professionalism:
Graduates of the program shall have professional and ethical attitude, communication skills, multidisciplinary approach and competence to relate engineering issues to broader social perspective.
Mechanical engineers work in production operations in manufacturing or agriculture, maintenance, or technical sales. Many are administrators or managers.
Mechanics of solids and bodies, fluid mechanics, controls, thermal sciences and materials sciences as well as mechanical engineering design and many more*
*Please visit www.rtu.ac.in for the list of all core and elective subjects.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
Upon successful completion of the programme, the students would have the following attributes.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulates, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools.
- An ability to find intuitive, innovative and efficient solutions to long-standing problems in the mechanical engineering domain.
- An ability to design and analyze systems involving fluid power, so as to display a high level of dexterity in resolving issues related to this field of Mechanical engineering.