To become a school of excellence that brings out civil engineers with high technical competencies and promotes high-end research to meet the current and future challenges in civil engineering.
- To offer Under-Graduate programme in civil engineering and other skill development courses that add value to student competencies.
- To promote quality education, research and consultancy for industrial and societal needs.
- To inculcate moral and ethical values among the students.
- To impart knowledge with emphasis on the development of leadership qualities in students.
- To provide state-of-the-art resources that contributes to a congenial learning environment.
- To encourage students to pursue higher education and take competitive exams and various career enhancing courses.
- To establish centres of excellence in emerging areas of research.
- To have regular interaction with industry and offer solutions to their problems.
Program Education Objective (PEOs)
The objectives of the Civil Engineering undergraduate program at GIT, are to produce engineers that:
1. Are able to develop or design safe, sustainable, economical and environmentally sound solutions for civil engineering problems either within the profession or through post-graduate research;
2. Grow professionally in their careers through continued development of technical, management, and oral and written communication skills; achievement of professional licensure; and assumption of roles of responsibility and leadership in professional service;
3. Achieve their professional aims ethically and with cultural competency within an environment characterized by the diverse needs of society and the profession.
- Architects. Architects plan and design houses, factories, office buildings, and other structures.
- Civil Engineering Technicians
- Construction Managers
- Environmental Engineers
- Landscape Architects
- Mechanical Engineers
- Urban and Regional Planners
Strength of Materials, Civil Engineering Materials, Engineering Geology, Construction Technology, Fluid Mechanics, Concrete Technology, Hydraulics & Hydraulic Machines, Building Planning, Geotechnical Engineering, Ground Improvement Techniques, Transportation Engineering, Water Resource Engineering, Project Planning & Construction Management and many more*
*Please visit www.rtu.ac.in for the list of all core and elective subjects.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
The programme outcomes are the skills and knowledge that a graduate will have during their graduation and also able to apply after graduation. Program outcomes defined as follows:
A. The graduates will have an ability to apply the basic knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering to real-life problems.
B. The graduates will be able to understand problem identification, formulations, and to conduct experiments, by analysis and interpreting the data.
C. The graduates will be able to design the experiments to evaluate the performance of engineering systems or component with respect to specifications.
D. The graduates will be able to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
E. The graduates will be able to improve the function effectively in engineering and science field, as well as in members of multidisciplinary teams.
F. The graduates will come to know the application of modern tools such as different computer software, modern instrumentation for understanding the limitations of engineering activities and also for the modeling and design of engineering systems.
G. The graduates will be able to understand the professional and ethical responsibility.
H. The graduates will come to know recognition of need for, and an ability to engage in, life-long learning.
I. The graduates will be able to make effective communication in oral, written, graphical forms with confidence.
J. The graduates will be capable of understanding and implementing of the impact of engineering solution in global and societal context.
K. Also we expect graduates to achieve the following within four years of graduating:
i. Should demonstrate peer-recognized expertise together with the ability to articulate that expertise and use it for contemporary problem solving in the analysis, design, and evaluation of civil engineering projects.
ii. Should demonstrate engagement in the engineering profession, locally and globally, by contributing to the ethical, competent, and creative practice of engineering or other professional careers.
iii. Should demonstrate sustained learning and adapting to a constantly changing field through graduate work, professional development, and self-study.
iv. Should demonstrate leadership and initiative to ethically advance professional and organizational goals, facilitate the achievements of others, and obtain substantive results.
v. Should demonstrate a commitment to teamwork while working with others in diverse cultural and interdisciplinary backgrounds.