Applied science is a discipline which inculcates in students the ability to apply existing scientific knowledge to develop more practical applications, such as technology or inventions.
The foundation is based on the subjects of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English supported by Languages and other complimentary Engineering subjects. The First year study of any Engineering Institution always comprises of a combination of the above subjects which assigns it the name of Foundation year. A strong high-rise building cannot be built on a weak foundation which signifies the importance of the Department of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Humanities.
Department of Applied Sciences & Humanities offers Applied Sciences and Humanities Courses as prescribed by the curriculum of the University in the 1st year of engineering programme. So, there is a strong need to build a strong foundation for the prospective and promising Engineers. Our Department is backed by well-educated, talented and dedicated faculty members to fulfill this task. In addition to the primary teaching duties discharged by them, many of them have their publications in National as well as International Journals of repute for attaining perfection in their profession. The subjects taught by teachers of this department are of prime importance for all round growth and development of students. Teachers are always ready to guide their students whenever they are being approached. The Department is carrying a mission to create and disseminate knowledge and tools in intellectual areas at the interfaces between areas of engineering and other core areas of Applied Sciences and Humanities.
Program Education Objective (PEOs)
• To develop an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
• To introduce application of the Knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Engineering
• To develop an ability to function in multidisciplinary teams
• To inculcate effective communication skills
• To indulge the students in life long learning
• To make the students industry ready by forging close link between theory and practical
• To develop aptitude, reasoning, ethical values and analytical skills in the students