Stands for “Information Technology,” and is pronounced “I.T.” It refers to anything related to computing technology, such as networking, hardware, software, the Internet, or the people that work with these technologies. Many companies now have IT departments for managing the computers, networks, and other technical areas of their businesses. IT jobs include computer programming, network administration, computer engineering, Web development, technical support, and many other related occupations. Since we live in the “information age,” information technology has become a part of our everyday lives
Vision & Mission
To be a top most department of information technology that is renowned for research and innovation, and service to address evolving global needs.
Mission of Information Technology Department is to provide effective leadership for selecting, applying, and managing critical information services that enhance teaching, research, student learning, and administrative activities.
We are indeed living in the computer age. Today computers are used in a wide range of applications. Whether it is a medical application or banking , computers are used to solve complex problems in an efficient manner in a short time. Since the ever-advancing field of computer technology has got a wide range of applications, computer engineers have a promising future.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- To prepare students for successful careers in industry and make them compatible IT professionals to meet the needs of Indian and multinational companies.
- To develop the ability among students to gain knowledge about core and Application domain subjects in IT, use them to analyze & design real world problems.
- To provide opportunity for students to work as part of teams on various projects which are multidisciplinary in nature requiring logical and programming skills.
- To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematics, science & technology, necessary to analyze & solve real world problems and to prepare them for Graduate studies and research.
- To promote student awareness for life-long learning and to introduce them to professional ethics.
- To improve communication & presentation skills.
- To introduce students with latest technologies.
- To make students aware on general issues and build a good social personality.